Perhaps you’ve got various QuickTime MOV files and try to put them to Galaxy Note 10.1. Well, as we know, QuickTime MOV is not the supported video format for Galaxy Note 10.1. Some Galaxy Note 10.1 user have tired some video players, but of low quality or stutter. such as:
Problem 1 “Just got a refurbished Galaxy Note 10.1. But I’m dismayed to see stuttering while attempting to run QuickTime .mov video with a res of 1280×720. What is the deal? One of the main reasons I bought this Galaxy Note 10.1 was to watch videos. I’m pretty disappointed with its sluggishness. If I root will I get better performance? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!”
Problem 2 “I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi version and watching transformers 2 on it is ok but when I play some HD MOV stuff I have recorded it stutters. I read several reviews and none mentioned this. What should I do?”
It is not easy to find a QuickTime mov player, thus stuttering is a general issue with the Samsung Galaxy tablet devices. If you are having stuttering issues with HD Quicktime MOV videos with the new Galaxy Note 10.1 slab, here are some workarounds for your reference:
1. If the tablet’s CPU is spiking to 100% it’s very likely that your Galaxy Note 10.1 device is not able to handle 720p/1080p high definition contents. So close up side processing applications while you play HD Quicktime MOV videos on Galaxy Note 10.1.
2. If you’re watching movies online, and for most movies it goes away smoothly and only some movies stutters. It could be a network bandwidth issue. Check the Wi-Fi signal, and try connect the Galaxy Note 10.1 to more powerful network.
3. You may have short burts of very high bitrates which can place a significant burden on the CPU. Try reducing your quality by converting the QuickTime files to smaller H.264 encoded MP4 files. The Pavtube Galaxy Note 10.1 Video Converter for Mac does a good job on this with Samsung Galaxy tablet presets. This is also a solution for videos in formats that are not compatible with Galaxy device.
Read below for a short guide. Free Download MOV to Galaxy Note 10.1 Converter for Mac.
Guide: How to convert HD MOV movies to Galaxy Note 10.1 optimized videos
Step 1. Install the best Mac MOV to Galaxy Note 10.1 Converter, then run it. Tap the “Add Video” button to import your MOV video files to the Mac app. Or Drag and drop the files to the Video to Galaxy Note 10.1 Converter software.
Tip: Merge several video clips into a large new file via ticking the “Merge into one file” box.
Step 2. Click on “Format” bar, and select “Samsung”> “Samsung Galaxy Note(*.mp4)” format from profile list.
Step 3. Click “Settings” button and go to “Profile Settings” window to customize video and audio settings for a better file quality. The recommended A/V settings for copying Quicktime MOV to Galaxy Note 10.1: Tip: If you prefer to get a file with much clearer image quality and do not mind generating a relatively large file size, you can change the video bit rate higher to 2,500~4,000. In general, the higher bit rate, the bigger output file size.
Step 4. Click “Convert” button to start to convert Quicktime MOV to Galaxy Note 10.1 compatible mp4 format. After a while, you will get the output MP4 files ready to be imported and played on Galaxy Note 10.1 via Mac. You’re done!
1. If you want to make QuickTime mov playable on Windows Meida Player, check the article here.
2. Or wanna convert QuickTime MOV to WMV/AVI/MPG/MP4/FLV? Find 10 easy solutions.