Hello Samsung Galaxy S4 users follow how to connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 and TV and enjoy using your smartphone to stream video, music or view pictures on the device. You are able to connect your Galaxy S4 to a TV by wireless or wired connection. Simply follow these steps to connect.
Connect Using Wire
1. Get an MHL adapter that is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S4.
All MHL model adapters are exactly the same. Latest Samsung devices need an 11-pin adapter. So make sure to choose correctly.
2. Connect the adapter to your phone.
3. Connect the adapter to a power source.
4. Now you may use a standard HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on TV.
You are done! Set the TV to display the video from the HDMI port you are always using and the TV will mirror your phone. Audio is also provided to the TV, so you’re able to watch movies from Netflix, Hulu, or already anything stored on the device.
In case you have an older analog TV, you could purchase an HDMI to composite adapter to allow compatibility between your phone and TV.
Connect Using Wireless Connection
If you would like connect your Galaxy S4 and TV via wirelessly, you want to do these steps.
1. You want to purchase a Samsung Allshare Hub and connect it to your TV via a standard HDMI cable. You will not need to purchase this hub if you have a Samsung SmartTV.
2. Make sure your phone and the AllShare Hub or TV are connected to the same wireless network.
3. Open Settings > Connections > Screen Mirroring.