Now it turns to be 4K era, 1080p is going past. With the popularization of 4K, users can enjoy videos and movies with staggering vivid details. However, many media players/mobile devices/TV, websites, editors etc can’t accept 4K video well. So in this article, we’ve picked up the best 3 free video compressor review that can tackle all your video files on Mac with end result you definitely satisfy.
Top 3 Free Online Video Compressors of 2017
ConvertFiles.com provides a method for users to input their audio files to be converted to a different format without the need to register for an account. it is available to input and output almost all mainstream video formats like MPEG4, H.264, AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, 3GP. It also enables to extract audio tracks from video files. Apart from compressing local video, it enables users to download from online and shrink it to other formats for mobile playback, email delivery or other purposes. Not only working as an online video converter and compressor, it is an all-in-one file converter which can perform conversion between audios, e-books, images, documents and more.
Steps to Compress Video using Convert.Files
- Open convertfiles.com and click Browse to choose a local video file you want to compress on its home page.
- Input format will be auto checked. Now, select output format. If you want to compress video for email or web, FLV and 3GP are recommended.
- Click convert. The video will be uploaded firstly and converted next.
- After all is done, a download page with a download link will be given to you. Select “Save Link As” to download the compressed video.
Clipchamp is a rising star which aims to offer the easiest solution to convert/compress videos and record webcam videos free. It supports a large range of input video formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV and more. Instead of specific output video formats, it gives 4 profiles, Web, Windows, Mobile and Animation (GIF), which include the optimal video formats which deliver smaller size of original video but keep good quality. Besides, users are allowed to set video resolution, quality and trim videos to shorter for reducing video file size. After the compression process is done, user can directly upload and share online or save to hard drive.
Steps to Compress Video Free using Clipchamp
- Open cinpchamp.com and hit COMVERT VIDEO FILE button on its home page.
- Continue with Google, Facebook account or register one.
- Upload one or more video to this online video compressor.
- Select one profile (Web, Windows, Mobile, or Animation) and set/edit video according to your needs.
- Click Start to compress video. Once it is completed, you can select UPLOAD & SHARE online or SAVE to computer.
Zamzar is an online file converter, created by brothers Mike and Chris Whyley in England. Zamzar integrates with hundreds of converters to support various conversions, including video, audio, image, e-book, document etc. It is definitely an online expert on video compression. It embeds much more video formats (codes) than other two free online video compressors, not only containing general video formats, H.264, MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, 3GP, WebM etc, but devices profiles iPhone, iPad and iPod. It also offers an URL converter helping users directly convert and compress online videos to other video/music formats.
Steps to Compress Video using Zamzar
- Open zamzar.com. Click Choose Files… button in Step 1 to upload video from hard drive.
- Select an ideal video format which can make video to be greatly compressed from “Convert files to:” drop-down list in Step 2.
- Input your email address into text box in Step 3.
- Click Convert button in Step 4 to start compressing videos online free.
However, free softwares have some limits, for example, Zamzar is only free for compressing videos smaller than 50MB; With Convert.Files, the resulting video file may be corrupted and cannot be opened and more. So if you want to get an excellent software to compress video including 4K video, you can adopt Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate.
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can compress 4K video to 1080p, 720p video in any formats. It supports converting MOV, MP4, MXF, MTS, XAVC, H.265 etc 250+ formats to any fomrtas you need for playing on players, TV, PSP/PS3/PS4, Xbox, VR etc or editing in ediror and more. It also can rip DVD, Blu-ray, ISO to any formats for your needs. If you are a Mac user, you can get Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac.
- Support H.265/HEVC Encode & Decode.
- Convert 250+ video and audio formats in SD/HD/4K.
- 30X faster conversion speed and high output quality.
- 150+ ready presets for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Game Console, VR, online websites, video editors, etc.
- Customize the output resolutions to any size the users want.
- Support downscaling 4K to 1080P, 720P smaller size or 1080p to 720p so as to play, edit, share 4K videos without incompatibility issue.
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP.
How to use Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate to convert video?
Step 1. Click “Add video” button to add your video files to the program. Or directly drag the video you want to convert to the left item bar.
Step 2. Set right output format. Click “Format” bar, and select .mp4, .mov etc from “Common video” or “HD video” or “TVS” or “Avid Media Composer” etc according to your needs.
Tips: The default settings may not satisfy you, and you can click the “Settings” button to change the settings by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. . Here you can choose 1920*1080, 1080*720 etc from “size”.
Step 3. Click the “Convert” button on the main interface and the software will start to convert any video to your desire formats immediately. When the conversion finishes, click “Open” to find the converted video files.
- Top AVI Files to Android Tablet/Phone Converter
- Download Best Windows 10 Video Converter for playing BD, DVD, Video on Tablet/Phone
- Get the Fastest and Free Android Video/Audio Converter for Tablet/Phone
- Top 5 Best HD Video Converter for Mac Review
- Comparison of Video Converters
- Compress QuickTime MOV File Mac/PC
- Compress Video for PowerPoint Presentation