Q 1: “i just got an android phone that is samsung galaxy. while when i tried to transfer and play avi, mov files on my phone. i find my android phone can not support it. so is there any solution to solve it?” – from androidforums.com
Q 2: “Hi, new to here and picked a tablet up last year whilst in USA. However, I cannot get sound on any of my movies – I understand it doesnt support the codecs for avi or xvid – so how is it possible to watch them on my tablet?” – from androidforums.com
Q 3: “Hard to believe that a tablet of this quality and price range can’t play AVI movies. Very disappointed about this. Does anyone else have the same concerns, about the AVI?” – from androidcentral.com
AVI videos are common and popular among video lovers. But when you can’t enjoy all the AVI movies on your Android phone/tablets as the questions showed above. According to the supported video format of Android, the video codes are limited to H.263, H.264 AVC and MPEG 4. You just can play 3GP and MP4 on Android tablet and phones. If you insist on play AVI files on Android devices, you need a third party media player that can play AVI on Android, like VLCand MX Player.
For some who don’t like to install addons on their devices, the only way to achieve AVI playback on Android phones/tablet is to convert AVI to MP4/3GP for Android. I will praise of Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate(review) for its multiple functions:
- Convert AVI, MKV, FLV, H.265, MOV, M4V, DivX, TS, TiVo, etc to Android tablet/phones
- Rip Blu-ray/DVD to MP4/3GP for viewing on Android tablet/phones
- Compress 4K video to 1080p/720p/540p for playing on Android tablet/phones
- Shrink video size to put more movies on Android phones
- Trim and crop video to get better movie playback on Android devices
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP
Step 1: Add AVI moves
If your AVI files are located on computer, you can simply drag and drop the files to the program after you launched it. The app supports batch conversion, you can add more than one files at a time.
Step 2: Choose output format
Actually, you can choose MP4 in “Common Video” or “HD Video” or the preset for Android tablet in “Android” profile. What a sweet design!
Step 3: Start to convert AVI to MP4
Hit “Convert” then the software will start to convert AVI to MP4 for Android tablet.
When put the converted AVI file to Android tablet, they should be played. If you reduce the video size while converting the AVI files in “Settings” window, you will be able to store more movies on Android phones.
Free download and install
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
- Place Blu-ray to Micro SD Card for Android tablets
- Rip Steven Spielberg DVD Movies to Android Tablet/Smartphone
- Transfer Furious 7 Digital Copy to Android Tablet or Smartphone
- Good Program to Convert MKV into MPEG4 for iPad Air
- Watch Movies on iPhone 6S with Top iPhone 6S Converter
- Free AVI Converter without Watermark
- Free Ways to Cut AVI Video