Question: “What is a good program to convert MKV into MPEG4 that is for the iPad Air? For example, I can open 4 MKV in the program, select “convert all” or something like that and then it starts converting each of them automatically one after another.” – From Quora.com
Answer: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can batch convert your MKV files to MPEG-4 MP4/MOV/M4V for iPad Air.
Why do the problem exist?
iPad Air supported video formats:
H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
Hot Search: DVD to iPad | MP4 to iPad | MOV to iPad
Obviously, MKV is not in the list. So you can’t play your MKV files on iPad Air directly.
Learn more MKV >> What is MKV and its advantages?
How to batch convert MKV to iPad Air with Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate?
Step 1: Download and install the MKV Converter on your computer:
Free download and install Windows MKV Converter
Free download and install Mac MKV Converter
Step 2: Import MKV file
Click “File” > “Add video” to add MV files or simply drag and drop the MKV files on your computer to the app. Add more than one since you want batch conversion. The software can convert them one by one.
Step 3: Choose output format
You can find “MPEG-4 (*MP4)” format in “Common Video”. But I strongly recommend you the “iPad Air Full HD (*.mp4)” choice in “iPad” profile. It is the optimized preset for iPad Air provided by Pavtube.
Step 4: Start to convert MKV to iPad Air
Click “Convert” to begin MKV to iPad Air conversion. You can tick “Shut down computer after conversion” so that you don’t need to wait for the finish in front of the computer.
More features of Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate:
- Rip Blu-ray/DVD to iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Pro, iPhone, Apple TV.
- Convert MKV/MP4/MOV//VOB/ISO/AVI/FLV/H.265, etc to Apple devices, Android devices, Microsoft devices and other popular multimedia players.
- Transform 4K/SD/HD movies, drama, music show, TV shows to MP4, MKV, MOV, M3U8, etc.
- Add srt subtitle to MP4/MKV/MOV/AVI,etc video
- Allows users to trim and crop video with built-in video editor.
- Adjust video/audio size, bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, channel, codec.
- Rip DVD to iPad Air/iPad Air 2 with the Subtitles or Closed Captioning burned on Mac
- How to Transfer and Watch DVD Movies on iPad Mini 4?
- Rip Christmas Blu-rays to iPad for Use in Car or View on TV over LAN
- Play Blu-Ray On IPad Air 3
- IPad Pro
- Play Blu-ray/DVD with Multiple Audio Tracks
- Play Downloaded YouTube Video on iPad Pro
- Best Blu-ray to iPad Mini/Air/Pro Converter
- Pur Some Zuma DVD Dance Party Video to iPad Air 3