Do you want to use your new Samsung Galaxy S4 to play the funny videos or listen to music? In this tutorial, you will learn multiple ways to transfer your favorite music, video to Galaxy S4.
Multiple ways to transfer media contents to your Galaxy S4?
There are various ways you can transfer video and audio files to your Galaxy S4. Here are the 7 suggestions:
- Download from Internet.
- Transfer from PC.
- Transfer from a PC with Samsung Kies.
- Transfer from a PC with Windows Media Player.
- Receive via Bluetooth.
- Receive via Wi-Fi.
- Copy to your memory card.
In this article, I’m going to show you the 3 most common methods, which are transferring files directly from PC storage, using Windows Media Player and Samsung Kies.
Method 1. Transfer music and video files using Samsung Kies
1. Install Samsung Kies and then launch the software on your PC.
2. Connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC using the USB data cable.
3. Click Music (or Videos) below a device name under Connected devices.
4. Click the + sign at the top right of the Kies screen. If your phone has external SDcard, then you should see the Internal and external memory options. For this tutorial, I will select Internal Memory.
5. Next, through the Windows Open dialog, select the video or music files that you would like to add.
Method 2. Transfer music and video files from PC via USB
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your PC using the USB data cable.
2. On your phone, a USB icon will appear in the top Notification bar. Drag the notification bar downwards and then tap on the Connected as a media device.
3. On the USB PC connection screen, ensure the Media device (MTP) checkbox is ticked. Now, you’re ready to transfer files between your PC and phone.
4. Open up your PC Windows Explorer, and you should see your Galaxy S4 shows up as a removable disk.
5. Access the phone storage via Windows Explorer. Here, you should see the Video and Music folders.
6. Simply drag/copy-and-paste your music or video files from your computer to the respective folders. On your Galaxy S4, the music and video players will automatically recognize the files.
7. Alternatively, you can create a new folder in your phone storage or external memory card to store these files. The Galaxy S4 will scan storage and list them accordingly on the music and video players automatically.
Method 3. Transfer music and video files using Windows Media Player
1. Connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC using the USB data cable.
2. Run Windows Media Player on your PC.
3. On the left side of the Windows Media Player, you will see little icons which represent the phone internal and external storage (only visible if your phone has an external memory card). For this tutorial, I will select the phone storage.
4. Next, move to the right side and click the Sync tab.
5. Drag the music files, videos or even a playlist to the Sync list area.
Note: You can drag these files from either the PC folders or Windows Media Player library.
6. Once you have all the files in the Sync list, click Start sync.
7. Now, move to the left, and click Sync status to verify if those files are successfully copied over to your phone.
8. Start playing those media contents (songs, videos) on your Galaxy S4.
Galaxy S4 Related Tips:
- How to Setup a New Samsung Galaxy S4?
- How to connect Samsung Galaxy S4 to PC via USB or Wi-Fi?
- How to Transfer Music and Video from iPhone 5 to Galaxy S4?
- How to use Galaxy S4 to play iTunes videos and TV shows?
- How to watch DVD movies on your Galaxy S4?
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. Galaxy S3: What’s Changed?
No related posts.