Are you a Samsung Galaxy S4 holder? Want to know how to connect your new Galaxy S4 to computer for transferring any media data between both devices? Continue to read…
I think the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a monster smartphone. Here I will tell you how to quickly connect Galaxy S4 to PC. Once connectivity is achieved, you can transfer files using the interface of your operating system. In Windows, you can find the device listed as removable disk under Computer, while Mac users can find the device listed on the Finder.
File Format Supported By Samsung Galaxy S4:
When transferring data between devices, you should know the formats you can use on the device. The Galaxy S4 supports audio files in WAV, MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MIDI, XMF, EVRC, QCELP, WMA, FLAC, OGG formats and video files in Divx, H.263, H.264, MPEG4, VP8, VC–1 (Format: 3gp, 3g2, mp4, wmv(asf), avi, mkv, flv) format.
3 Easy Steps To Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 To PC
1. Windows users should download and install the USB drivers for the Galaxy S4. Mac users do not need to install any software.
2. Connect the device to an available USB port using the included USB cable.
3. A prompt will appear on the screen of the phone. Drag the notification area down, then make a selection based on what you wish to do with the device.
- Media Device (MTP) - Connect the phone to your computer to transfer files using the interface of your operating system. Windows users can look under Computer and find the device listed under Portable Devices. Mac users will find it listed on the Finder.
- Camera – Use the device as a connected camera with PC camera software.
You can also connect your Galaxy S4 phone to a PC via the Samsung Kies software. This is a graphical user interface that allows for transfer of music, photos, and videos between your Samsung Galaxy S4 and your PC via USB or Wi-Fi connection. You can download the Samsung Kies software for Windows or Mac at Samsung’s website.
That’s it, if you follow the instructions correctly, it should work like a charm for you.
Galaxy S4 Related articles:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. Galaxy S3: What’s Changed?
- How to Transfer Photos, Videos and Datas from iPhone 5 to Galaxy S4
- Convert iTunes movie to Galaxy S4 MP4 for playing
- How to play DVD movies on Galaxy S4?
No related posts.