“Can I stream DVD and Blu-ray ISO files to Roku 3 Media Player from my computer?” I found many people so confused on the BBS(like: avsforum.com, dvdtalk.com, plexapp.com etc.), but the tutorial will tell you the step is so easy, only need to rip Blu-ray/DVD ISO to MKV format and stream MKV videos to Roku 3 Media Player for playback…
“Hello, I have a question that I didn’t see in your FAQ. I have a hard drive full of ISO files that I want to convert to MKV to work with my Roku 3.
1. Does your software allow me to set a minimum length for conversions and ignore the rest?
2. Will the file names stay the same during batch converting? I would want Avatar.iso to become Avatar.mkv and so on. Thanks.”
If you have lots of DVD and Blu-ray ISO files that you’d like to convert to MKV, the best recommend is Pavtube Blu-ray/DVD Ripper for Roku 3, which supports batch conversion of ISO and lots of other files (MKV, AVI, DVD, BD, TS, VOB, etc). With this app, you can imports several ISO files and leave it run overnight. The Video Converter Ultimate employs both Nvidia CUDA and AMD APP tech to gear up the encoding speed by 3-5 times faster than ever basing on your computer configuration. Refer to the guide below for how to rip Blu-ray/DVD ISO to MKV to play via Roku 3 streaming media player.
Refer to DVD & Blu-ray Ripping Tools:
- Top 5 Best Video Converter Ultimate Programs Reviewed |2013
- Top 5 Best Blu-ray Ripping Programs Review | 2013
- Top 3 Best DVD Ripper Programs Review | 2013
How to rip DVD, Blu-ray ISO files to MKV for streaming to Roku 3 Media Player?
First you need to free download Blu-ray/DVD to Roku 3 Ripper.
1. Install and run the Blu-ray/DVD to Roku 3 Ripper. The Blu-ray DVD to Roku Converter is able to decrypt commercial Blu-ray discs and protected DVDs, all you need is to put Blu-ray disc/DVD to BD drive, and Click the “ISO/IFO” icon to load DVD/Blu-ray .ISO image.
2. Select the main title and set subtitles/audio language you’d like to preserve.
3. Select a format for conversion. To convert ISO to MKV video, press on “Format” and choose “Common Video -> MKV(Matroska) Video (*.mkv)” format.
4. Start ripping DVD/Blu-ray ISO to MKV for Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, and Roku HD-XR playback.
5. After conversion completes, press “Open” to locate resulted MKV files. Copy these MKVs to USB stick.
How to set a minimum length for conversions and ignore the rest
When ripping Blu-ray/DVD ISO to MKV, you can trim the movie and export only a short clip. Follow the steps below to proceed movie trimming.
1. Select the main movie, or the chapter you’d like to trim.
2. Press “Edit” button.
3. In Video Editor, play the movie and set starting and ending time point by clicking “[" and "]” button.
4. Click “OK”.
- PS: The app is also available for Mac OS – Get Pavtube Mac Blu-ray/DVD to Roku 3 Covnerter if you work with OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8.
Will the file names stay the same during batch converting?
The file name will stay the same as original name (except for extension). If you need to change/designate output file name, move your mouse to destination file name and click on it, then input a new name.
See Roku 3 specs for list of file formats supported via USB channel:
No related posts.