Question 1: Can use external dvd usb on my tablet?
Question 2: How can I play a DVD using an external drive on a Surface RT?
I have a Surface RT, I have an external DVD drive with a USB plug, and I have a DVD (actually, quite a few) that I want to watch on it.
- I don’t want to rip or convert the DVD into some other format that I can access from the Surface with a MicroSD or over the network.
- I don’t want to put the DVD in another machine on the network and “play to” the Surface
I don’t know if either of those approaches would even work, I just think they are unworkable for being tucked up in bed or on the couch and wanting to watch a movie or part of a TV season by popping a DVD into a player. And I know they are unworkable if I’m traveling.
I’ve tried hooking up the drive and putting a disk in, but it doesn’t offer to play it and I can’t see any way to request it.
It seems impossible, I don’t know of any tablets that currently allow you to play DVDs from an external drive. I suggest you use a DVD-ripping tool to convert DVD movies for your tablet friendly format, you may try Pavtube DVD to Tablet Converter, it’s the best DVD ripping software which provides movie lovers with the easiest way to rip/convert DVD to MP4/AVI/MKV/WMV/MOV and many other video and audio formats with high quality, including MPEG-4/H.264 MP4, MPEG, RM, QuickTime MOV, MPG, Xvid, Divx, 3GP, FLV, VOB, ASF, SWF, DV, MP3, AC3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, etc.
In addition, it has many optimized presets for different tablets or smartphones to make the operation much easier.
Moreover, this tool is special designed based on Nvidia CUDA technology, if you use Nvidia video card, the conversion speed will be much faster. Worth a try!
- Free Download the DVD Converter for Tablet
Then go get a cup of coffee (conversion takes time). Below is a detailed guide for you.
How to convert DVD movies to Any Tablet support format? (Android, Apple, Windows 8)?
Step 1. Import DVD files to the top DVD Ripper for Tablet. You can load DVD Discs, DVD folders, ISO files or IFO files respectively.
As you can see, added files can be previewed on the right viewing window and you can take snapshots of the movie scenes you like freely.
Step 2. Choose output profile for your tablet (Android, Apple, Windows 8).
1. If you wanna play DVD movies on your Android Tablet Kindle Fire HD, you can select “Format” > “Android” > “Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264 (*.mp4)” as output format.
2. If you wanna play DVD movies on your Apple Tablet iPad Mini, you can select “Format” > “iPad” > “iPad Mini HD Video(*.mp4)” as output format.
3. If you wanna play DVD movies on your Windows 8 Tablet Microsoft Surface RT/Pro, you can select “Format > Windows > Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as output format.
. . .
Step 3. Click “Convert” button to start converting DVD movies to MP4 for transferring to your tablet.
When finished, click “Open” button to get the resulted mp4 video. Then connect your tablet to computer using USB cable and transfer the converted DVD movies to your tablet for watching.
Some more helpful features of the app:
- a. Subtitles – Select the subtitle language you like from “Subtitles” options. Meanwhile, you are able to choose your master language of audio track from “Audio” option.
- b. Settings – Click “Settings” button to set the video/audio parameters for your Android, Apple or Windows 8 tablet. Remember the file size is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.
How to Transfer Media files (video, music, photo) to Android, Apple, Windows 8 Tablet?
- How to transfer your content files to Kindle Fire HD
- How to Sync Music, Movies, TV shows from iTunes 11 to iPad
- How to transfer video files to Microsoft Surface via USB connection?
No related posts.