“How to Add AVI files to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 or 7.0 tablet?” – In this guide, you will learn how to convert AVI video to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 friendly codec with original quality, then transfer videos from PC/Mac to your Galaxy Tab 2 tablets via USB or Samsung Kies. Now, you can read from samsung forum’s two questions:
Question 1. Can’t add avi movies to my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1?
I am trying to copy avi movies to my wife’s tablet and get a notification saying that “the encoding of video files that include dts audio codec is not supported”. The funny thing is that one of the movies that I am trying to add to hers, I have already added to my tablet, which is also a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. I am using Google Play Movies to watch.
I should add that Kies will not let me add the movie to the tablet, I have the movies in my Kies library but when I go to add them to my tablet is when I get the error message.
Question 2. How to convert AVI to Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with high quality?
I got many AVI videos and want to play them on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, tried many softwares to transfer the the AVI videos to Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 , but of low quality, is there any other software to solve this problem and help me out? Thanks in advance.
Check out the following tutorial, you will get the most comprehensive solutions, start reading . . .
As far as I know, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 can support a wide variety of video formats, including AVI video format. But unfortunately, it seems you can’t watch AVI on you Galaxy Tab 2 tablet. Why??? Here you can know about your Galaxy Tab 2 support video/audio format:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Support Video Formats: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX, WMV, 3GP, Flash Video, MKV
- Support Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA, WAV, AMR, OGG, MIDI
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- Support Video Formats: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX, WMV, AVI, 3GP, VP8, Flash Video
- Support Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA, WAV, AMR, MIDI
So, we can learn that the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 users cannot view AVI on Galaxy Tab 2 tablets and most of the time you can enjoy AVI movies on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 or 7.0 smoothly, but you may also encounter troubles when playing AVI files on Galaxy Tab 2. What is the reason for the trouble? The real reason is that AVI is a container format. It can be encoded by different codecs, some of the codecs may not compatible with Galaxy Tab 2 tablets, so you’ll have problems when playing these AVI movies on your Galaxy Tab 2, even with some popular Android video player like MX player, Mobo, etc. If you’re confused about this and have no idea, here you will find the best solution. Besides, there lots of other formats (VOB, MPG, TS, TiVo, MXF etc.) that Galaxy Tab 2 does not support. In that case, to play these AVI and more videos on Galaxy Tab 2, we need to convert them to H.264 or MPEG-4 encoded format first.
And here, in this guide, I will share with you a good way that ends up with optimal Galaxy Tab 2 Video Converter for movie fans, make sure you can transfer AVI movies to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 freely and easily, and play them on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 without trouble.
Why Use Pavtube Galaxy Tab 2 Video Converter Tool?
The Galaxy Tab 2 Video Converter supports wide range of video formats, like TiVo, MXF, MVI, EVO, VRO, VP6, MTS, M2TS, ASF, MOD, TOD, DV, RM, RMVB, MOV, 3G2, QT, VOB, MPG, MPEG, MKV, FLV, F4V, AVI, WMV, 3GP, H.264, DviX, XviD, etc. Most 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720i HD footages shot with cameras also can be handled well. It helps you convert AVI, HD AVI to Galaxy Tab 2 supported video format MP4, MPEG-4, H.264, Xvid, WMV with original quality, with fast speed, is the best video converter for your device.
Preparation for covnerting AVI movies to Galaxy Tab 2 tablets:
1. Software: Pavtube AVI to Galaxy Tab 2 Converter or Mac Video Converter for Galaxy Tab 2
2. Operation system: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 (Mac Supported: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5, Snow Leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8)
Step by Step: How to Convert AVI movies to MP4 for transferring to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 with original quality?
Step 1: Add AVI Video Files
Install and run the AVI to Galaxy Tab 2 Converter to your PC/Mac, clic “Add Video” or “Add from folder” to import your source AVI videos. Or drag and drop your video files into it. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.
Step 2. Hit “Format” icon, select output format
- For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 users, choose “Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1(*.mp4)” as the optimal format
- For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users, choose “Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Student Edition Video(*.mp4) as the optimal format
Step 3. Customize video/audio parameters. (Optional)
Click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. According to my experience, the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.
For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 users:
For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users:
Step 4. Start Converting AVI format to MP4 for Galaxy Tab 2.
In the end, go back to the main interface and click the “Convert” button to start converting AVI movie files to MP4 format for playing on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 tablet.
Once the process completes, just click “Open” to find the Galaxy Tab 2 playable MP4 videos after the conversion and transfer the converted AVI from PC/Mac to your device with ease.
How to Connect and Transfer Video files from PC to Galaxy Tab 2?
1. Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 or 7.0 tablet to PC using the USB 2.0 data cable provided in the box.
2. Check under the USB Connection notification to see which option is selected: There are 2 options, connect as “Media device (MTP)” and connect as “Camera (PTP)”.
3. Select MTP option, later your PC will connect to the Galaxy Tab 2 and shows the internal and external storage of the Tab as two different drives in Windows Explorer.
4. And, then you are able to transfer videos, music, photos from PC to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 freely.
- Tips: You can also download and install the Samsung Kies, and connect and sync videos from PC to Galaxy Tab 2 with Kies.
For Mac Users, reference the following tutorial:
- How to install Samsung Kies on Mac Lion 10.8 and Connect Galaxy Tab to Mac
- How to Use Samsung Kies to Sync media files to Galaxy Tab on Mac
- How to Sync iTunes Music, Movies to Galaxy Tab 2 10.1/7.0 on Mac
- Streaming Movies from Galaxy Tab onto TV/HDTV for Full Screen Playback
- 2013: Samsung Planning Galaxy Tab 3 Series Tablets
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 User Reviews (Click Here Read More)
- It’s very fast and snappy
- Screen resolution and pixel density is amazing
- Stereo speakers are nice and loud
- Very well made IR remote control app
- Battery life is amazing
- Ice-cream sandwich. No complaints
- Charging cord is only 3 feet long
- NO FLASH on back camera
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 User Reviews (Click Here Read More)
- Latest OS
- Decent display and all the Android tablet trimmings at a budget price
- Has infrared port
- Relatively inexpensive
- VERSATILITY, with a wide variety of home theater-friendly applications, and beyond
- Front and rear-facing cameras
- MicroSD card slot
- Flash support
- Good sound recording
- Free 50GB of Dropbox storage for one year
- Small internal storage
- Not very fast speed
- Same old TouchWiz UX experience
- Not so great with its still shots
- Slow startup time
- No 4G connectvity option (yet)
- The 3MP digital camera around back, not far from the headphone port
- Awkward reliance on adapters
- Less-than-stellar battery life
- Average, aging components
- Low resolution screen
- Speakers easily muffled
- AllShare is complicated offers poor performance
- Not as easy to use as Kindle Fire
No related posts.