There are all sorts of ways to get your music, photos, videos, and ringtones between HTC Windows Phone 8X and your computer using the cloud, but sometimes the fastest way is the old-fashioned way—plugging your phone into your computer and using a Windows Phone app for your computer. The Windows Phone app makes it easy to get your photos, videos, music, documents, and more from your computer to HTC Windows Phone 8X (and vice versa).
The app you’ll use depends on the kind of computer you have, and what you’d like to do:
If you have Windows 8 PC, just plug your phone into your computer with the cable, and the Windows Phone app for desktop will install automatically.
If you have Windows 7, plug your phone into your computer with a cable, and a link will appear to install the Windows Phone app for desktop.
If you have Windows Vista or Windows XP, can use Windows Explorer to copy things between your phone and computer.
If you use a Mac, go to the App store and search for the Windows Phone app for Mac.
After the Windows Phone app is installed, you’re able to transfer files to HTC Windows Phone 8X via drag and drop.
Full Features of Windows Phone app for desktop/for Mac
1. Automatically copy photos and videos to your computer when you plug in your phone
2. Move music, photos, videos, and ringtones between Windows Phone 8 and your computer
3. Sync music, photos, videos, and ringtones between Windows Phone 8 and your computer
4. Sync with iTunes
5. Keep track of how much available space you have on Windows Phone 8
6. Move music, photos, videos, and ringtones between Windows Phone 8 and your SD card
The app also makes it easy to figure out what to remove if you’re running out of storage space on your phone.
HTC Windows Phone 8X Video Playback FAQ, Tips and Tricks
HTC Windows Phone 8X can’t play DVD movies, and iTunes movies? How to watch DVD, MKV and iTunes movies on HTC 8X? Follow me.
Q1. Watch DVD movies on HTC Windows Phone 8X?
“I have a couple DVDs that I have saved as ISO files, how do I convert the DVD to be played back on my HTC 8X? As far as I can see, the HTC 8X plays MP4, but what’s the best setting for conversion? I would like to keep best possible quality!”
Solution: To maintain best possible quality when convert DVD/DVD ISO/IFO to HTC Windows Phone 8X support format, free trial DVD to HTC 8X Converter or Mac DVD to HTC Windows Phone 8X Converter and follow the below guide to custom DVD video to 1280×720 that fits HTC 8X screen best. This ISO DVD Ripper could not only rip DVD to HTC 8X, but also convert DVD movie from ISO/IFO and compress DVD ISO/DVD folder into HTC 8X optimized H.264 videos. It also let you exports video with flexible settings when converting ISO to HTC 8X video. The detailed steps you can refer to the Guide
Q2. How to watch MKV movies on HTC Windows Phone 8X?
Solution: HTC Windows Phone 8X is great for you to enjoy movies, TV shows or podcast anytime as long as you want. However, things seemed not easy when you try to enjoy 1080p/720p MKV videos on HTC Windows Phone 8X. You may meet problems such as audio and video out of sync, video without sound, or even can’t be recognized and played. To solve these problems, a simple way is to convert MKV to HTC Windows Phone 8X supported video formats (e.g. MP4). To finish your task, an all-in-one Ultimate Video Converter for HTC 8X tool is needed. Here we highly recommend HTC Windows Phone 8X MKV Converter, a powerful HTC 8X Video Converter that lets you easily and fast encode MKV to MP4 for viewing on HTC 8X. Now just download it and follow the steps below to get your work done without any troubles. This Ultimate Video Converter for HTC 8X not only help you watch MKV movies on HTC 8X, but also can help you watch TV shows, VOB, AVI, MTS, Flash, Blu-ray/DVD, ISO movies on HTC 8X. The detailed steps you can refer to the toturial.
Q3. How to watch iTunes M4V movies on HTC Windows Phone 8X?
“I am attempting to convert a m4v file from iTunes so I can play the content on my new HTC Windows Phone 8X. I’m not sure what to do next, any recommendation?”
How to sync your iTunes library to your HTC 8X in an easy way?
Note: Windows Phone Connector will only import DRM-free videos and music from iTunes
- Download and install the Windows Phone Connector software. It can be found here for PC owners. For Apple users, the program is available in the Mac app store.
- Next, open the app and sign-in with your Windows Live account. After signing in, you will see all your iTunes music and videos.
- Now select the music and videos you want to sync.
- Next, make sure to plug in your 8X using the USB cable to your computer. The Windows Phone Connector software will recognize the device.
- Now that the device is recognized, press “Sync” and all music and movies you have selected will sync to your phone.
That’s it! The movies and music you selected will now be available on your smartphone!
No related posts.