“Yesterday, i ordered Microsoft Surface RT tablet has arrived. Now I have couple of Blu-ray ISO images saved on my computer, I’d like to view them on my new Surface RT, but I know I cannot directly watch on it. I would like an easy way to convert my Blu-ray ISOs to Surface friendly video playback format, can anyone help?”
Solution: That’s pretty easy I have to say. Find software can support converting your Blu-ray ISOs to Microsoft Surface supported format like H.264 codec .mp4, and transfer this mp4 file to your Surface RT, done. I happen to know one converter called Windows 8 Blu-ray Ripper, it rips Blu-ray and ISO image like a charm, and they even have a guide page helps you do that, what a lovely one.
Mac Users go to the page.
Windows 8 Blu-ray Ripper is an all-in-one Blu-ray, DVD movies decrypter and Converter for Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8). The product is specially designed for users to convert Blu-Ray DVDs, either encrypted 3D Blu-ray Discs, 2D Blu-ray Discs, Blu-ray Folder, Blu-ray ISO Image File DVDs, DVD Folder, DVD IFO File,DVD ISO Image File or unprotected BDMV/VIDEO_TS/ISO files into desired audio and video formats like:
- Video: H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MKV, MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, FLV, SWF, F4V, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, VOB, TS, DV, MPEG-2 HD Video (*.mpg), MPEG- TS Video(*.ts), Quick Time HD Video (*.mov), WMV HD Video (*.wmv), Audio-Video Interleaved HD Video (*.avi)
Note: Blu-ray Ripper does not support ISO output.
- Audio: MP3, AAC, FLAC, MKA (MKA(Matroska) Audio), OGG (Ogg Vorbis Audio), WAV(Nokia WAV Audio), AC3 (Dolby Digital AC-3), M4A, DTS (remux),MP2, AIFF, AMR, SUN AU Format
You can playback them on Mac or multimedia players like iPad 2/3/4, iPad mini, iPhone 5/4S/4, iPod Touch 5, Apple TV 3, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 10.1, HTC One X, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Microsoft Surface RT/Pro, Kindle Fire HD 7″/8.9″, Asus Vivo Tab RT, iTunes, QuickTime player, etc. Now this guide will show you how to rip Blu-ray disc or convert Blu-ray ISO for Microsoft Surface with best video and audio quality at super fast conversion speed (support NVIDIA CUDA and ATI Stream (AMD APP) acceleration technologies).
Note: An internal or an external Blu-ray drive is required to rip movie files directly from a Blu-ray disc.
Step 1: Load Blu-ray ISO to the Windows 8 Blu-ray Ripper program
Launch Windows 8 Blu-ray Ripper (Save $14.7 during Nov. 14 – Dec. 10 2012) and the main interface appears, on which you can click “IFO/ISO” tab to browse and load the ISO file stored on your computer’s hard disk drive.
- 1. If you are not using the currently version of Pavtube Blu-ray to Surface RT & Pro Ripper, you can go to Profile Patch Page to download a patch for your Surface Tablet.
- 2. If you are using the Mac version of Pavtube Bl-ray Ripper, you need to learn how to custom a suitable profile for your Microsoft Surface RT & Pro.
Step 2: Select output format for Microsoft Surface RT & Pro
Click “Format” menu and choose “Microsoft Surface Windows RT/Pro H.264 Video (*.mp4)” as target format from “Windows” profile column.
Step 3: Set advanced settings (optional)
If you have a Surface RT tablet, you can totally skip this step, because the default settings are enough to fit your video-watching needs. If you are going to play the exported movies with a Surface Pro, and expect a much higher playback quality, you can click “Settings” button to set the video bit rate higher than 5000 and the video resolution higher to 1920*1080, the recommended video settings for Microsoft Surface RT:
1. Microsoft Surface play 1080p movie
Frame Rate (fps): original (Set frame rate at “original” to avoid audio and video out of sync issues)
Sample Rate (hz):48000
2. Microsoft Surface watch H.264 720P Video (*.mp4)
Frame Rate(fps): original (Set frame rate at “original” to avoid audio and video out of sync issues)
Step 4: Start Blu-ray ISO to Surface RT Conversion
Click the big button “Convert” to start ripping Blu-ray ISO file to Microsoft Surface RT/Pro playable file format. When the conversion is done, you can click “Open” button to get the generated MP4 files for playback on your Surface tablet with ease.
- How to transfer video files to Microsoft Surface via USB connection?
- How to transfer files (Videos, Pictures, Music) to Windows 8 Tablet or Windows RT?
How to manually stretch DVD/Blu-ray movie to fit the 1366×768 screen:
Custom video to fit iPhone 5 full screen play mode: click on “Settings” and set video size to 1366×768.
Warnings – You may meet “Can’t play” error when playing Pavtube converted files on the surface, that’s because Surface cannot play video files from certain locations. Moving them locally sorted it out.
More about Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper
Besides handling Blu-ray ISO files, the Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Surface Tablet can also convert commercial Blu-ray movies, DVD movies as well as DVD ISO/IFO files to your Surface recognizable files with best quality. The currently released version enhanced DVD importer and conversion module, which made the operating efficiency higher and more stable. With new DVD burning feature, now you can finish any of the following process in simple steps:
- Burn DVD to DVD disc
- Burn DVD to DVD ISO
- Burn DVD ISO to DVD disc
HTC Windows Phone 8 video playback related tutorial
- HTC Windows Phone 8X files Transfer, FAQ, Tips and Tricks
- Transfer MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, MTS, WMV, MOV, M4V, FLV to HTC Windows Phone 8X
- Play DRM-protected movies on HTC Windows Phone 8X
- Windows 8 vs Windows 7: 8 ways it’s different
Windows 8 Tablets video playback related tutorial
- Top 7 Best DRM Removal Programs for Windows 8 Tablets
- Convert 1080p/720p Videos to Surface RT & Pro Tablet friendly format
- Transfer Digital Copy Microsoft Surface RT/Pro
- How to watch TV shows(.tivo) on Microsoft Surface
- How to move BBC iPlayer videos to Windows 8 Tablets
- 6 Essential Apps for New Windows Surface RT and Pro Owners
- How to put/move DVD movie to Microsoft Surface for watching
- 2 Approaches to Watch Flash(SWF/FLV/F4V) Videos and Movies on Microsoft Surface
Read more Windows 8 video solutions and tips
No related posts.